LIVOS: OILS THAT PENETRATE WOOD SURFACES NATURALLY

LIVOS: OILS THAT PENETRATE WOOD SURFACES NATURALLY

Outdoor wood surfaces are exposed to sunlight, wind, moisture, pollution, and wide-varying variations in temperature. Interior wood surfaces are occasionally exposed to humidity, but also to daily wear and tear. Protecting both outdoor and indoor wood is essential to extend the life of wood, to preserve its beauty, and to protect your investment.

LIVOS natural wood oils are unlike other products on the market in that they are penetrating oils that work within the organic structure of the wood. The oils nourish the wood while allowing it to “breathe.” The deep-penetrating characteristic of LIVOS oils confers a remarkable advantage: The oil prevents moisture, which leads to the growth of mold and fungus, from permeating the pores of the wood. The oils enhance the natural beauty of wood and do not peel or chip. Application of penetrating oils makes wood more resistant to wear and easy to repair in case of scratches. When two or more coats are applied, the oil saturates the wood fully, leading to optimal waterproofing.

LIVOS OILS ARE COMPOSED OF MAINLY NATURAL INGREDIENTS AND CAN BE USED ON OUTDOOR OR INDOOR WOOD SURFACES

LIVOS oils are suitable for use on multiple wood surfaces, including but not limited to flooring, windowsills and frames, panelling, board and batten, wainscoting, moulding, baseboards, kitchen countertops, cutting boards, butcher’s blocks, wooden toys, and wood furniture. Our interior-use products can be applied to all wood types, such as mahogany, maple, cherrywood, cedar, and pine.

Exterior wood surfaces can also be treated with LIVOS wood oils. Our products are safe for use on deck and patio flooring, wood siding, lawn furniture, fences, wood panelling, windowsills and frames, and decorative wood accents, and they work on all wood types, notably teak, spruce, cedar, red cedar, pine, thermally modified wood, treated wood, and ipe.

Composed of natural pigments, the colour in a wood oil is much more stable and resistant than a conventional wood stain. Moreover, certain oils have natural, non-toxic antifungal properties that resist mold and protect against the bluish discolouration caused by fungus. After only two coats, the surface of the treated wood is completely saturated, waterproof, and resistant to UV rays, heat, and stains. Because the wood absorbs 65% of the product right from the first coat of oil, only a thin second coat of oil is needed to make up the remaining 35% needed to close the pores of the wood and achieve full, long-lasting protection.

1st coat: 65% saturated

2nd coat: 35% saturated

Subsequent coats: 35% saturated

SUPERIOR YIELD!

Thanks to its ability to deeply penetrate the fibre of the wood, LIVOS wood oils offer superior protection compared to other brands. LIVOS products are at once sealants, stains, and finishing products in one.

LIVOS: Coverage ability of 100 sq. ft./L or 378 sq. ft./US gallon for two coats. Additional coats require less product.

COMPETING BRAND: According to its information sheet, a comparable product’s coverage may vary between 150 and 300 sq. ft/US gallon. However, in contrast to LIVOS wood oils, subsequent coats require as much product as the first coat.

In conclusion, applying LIVOS wood oils to a 1,500 sq. ft. surface is less expensive than it is to use a cheaper alternative from the very first maintenance coat!